I didn’t write anything like this last year, I can’t remember what I was doing but it was probably was at least similar to now. Looking back on the last three hundred and sixty five days, it’s pretty incredible to think how much things have changed and what I’ve done. Here’s what happened over the past year, from what I can remember month by month. Although sometimes it was just a regular month with nothing exciting going on.
- January: I bought Naomi and I tickets to see Ed Sheeran in Birmingham. I remember setting alarms and reminders and when it struck 10am my heart started racing. Turns out I had nothing to worry about.
- February: I decided to leave social media. It’s much harder than you think and it’s also not always possible because friends and family rely on it. So whilst I’ve been on Facebook a few times, I’ve mostly come off of it and removed all the apps. Felt really good to try and spend less time scrolling through crappy posts all the time.
- April: The wait is finally over and we travel to Birmingham to see Ed Sheeran live. After a horrible car journey trying to navigate the awful road layouts and roadworks, we see the best live show ever and vow to never drive in Birmingham again.
- May: So much happened in May that it’s hard to know where to even start. I finished a Tough Mudder Half course in Grantham which was one of the
hardesttoughest things I’ve ever done. It took me like five hours, I think. Probably more. I wrote a guest article for a web development blog and I also got a new job and moved to Essex was probably the biggest change of the year.
- June: I published one hundred posts on my blog. An achievement I’m super proud of. I’m hoping I’ll be able to do even more over the next year and break more personal records.
- July: We went to see Adele live at Wembley which we didn’t know would actually be her last show (for quite a while at least, she still hasn’t done anything since). It was such as good experience and different to the sort of music I usually listen to. Naomi loved it.
- August: Two years since I started my blog. I went over some cool stats I found about my writing and I’m hoping to carry it on for more years to come. Was an interesting year to get to one hundred and also keep it going for two years. Crazy stuff.
- November: Naomi and I travel all the way to Bali in Asia which ticks a place of Naomi’s list of places to travel and is the first time I ever travel on an aeroplane with my own TV. I also found out that noodles on Singapore Airlines are actually pretty good. Probably our favourite holiday yet.
Wow, that’s quite a long list and it feels like forever since we did some of those things. I guess time flies when you’re having so much fun. I hope that next year is just as good as this one if not better. The both of us have had such a good year, it’s exciting to see what will happen next year. As always, no new year resolutions for me, I’m happy where we are.